Company Name: Altria Client Services
Position Title: Sr. Analyst, Policy Analysis & Legislative Research
Job Grade: 12
Requisition Number: 12247BR
Job Description: The mission of Altria Group, Inc. is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria Group is the parent company of Philip Morris USA, the largest cigarette manufacturer in the United States, as well as U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton – recently acquired companies that offer leading brands in the growing moist smokeless tobacco and machine-made cigar categories.
Altria Client Services’ role is to provide high quality services to the Altria family of companies. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Sr. Analyst, Policy Analysis & Legislative Research to join our Government Affairs department in Washington DC.
The successful candidate will assist with developing and maintaining fiscal tools, models, talking points, and databases to create material support for legislative campaigns regarding excise tax, corporate tax, and pension legislation.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Managing the tracking of legislation of importance to Philip Morris USA, US Smokeless Tobacco Company, Altria Client Services, Inc., John Middleton, Philip Morris Capital Corporation, and Altria Group, Inc. and preparing summaries and presentations as needed;
- Working with internal and external Information Services personnel and consultants to maintain the Government Affairs legislative tracking website
- Working directly with external consultants and interfacing with third party groups that have an emphasis on tax policy, legislative outlook, and state fiscal situations/practices
- Attending Congressional hearings, developing presentations, performing legislative analysis, conducting research and composes hearing reports
- Partnering with Manager, Policy Analysis and Legislative Research to provide Government Affairs liaison services to ALCS departments including Marketing Information, Investor Relations, Sales & Distribution and Communications
- Working with relevant internal departments (e.g. the Legal and Compliance Departments) to ensure that all documents are properly handled and distributed both internally and externally
- Managing the daily workload of Government Affairs interns and the intern budget process
Specific Skills Qualifications include:
- A Master's degree in Economics, Business or related field, plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with the government, a public policy group, trade association or corporation
- Strong background in economics,to assimilate and integrate large amounts of information and find creative solutions to complex problems
- Proven proficiency with standard econometric and spreadsheet programs
- Strong knowledge of legislative processes
- Superior analytical, written and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to develop and follow work plans
- Ability to conduct research, assess and utilize information in a strategic fashion
- Maturity, excellent judgment and keen attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage simultaneous projects
At Altria Client Services’, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
NOTE* Altria Client Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Sub-Function: Government Affairs
Physical Location: Altria Washington DC Office
City: Washington, DC